SumTotal is seeking an experienced professional outside sales executive with a history of over performance in quota attainment to join our Japan Sales team.
As an Account Executive at SumTotal, you will sell complex enterprise solutions supported by the best sales talent, training and tools.
Our Account Executive are passionate and enthusiastic about sales and understand how to sell value – not products – to our customers, partners and prospects.
- Win new business and develop existing and new accounts for the leading global provider of e-learning content with Learning Management System (LMS) and Learning Centric Talent Expansion products within Japan.
- Actively recruit new potential business partners that complement e-learning content and SumTotal learning centric Talent Expansion offerings
- Work independently and with business development resources to develop and execute prospecting strategies to identify, qualify and close new business
- Provide some pre-sales capability through leading presentations and product demonstrations
- Perform as self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing his/her business
- Deliver compelling customer presentations that expertly articulate the SumTotal Value Proposition
- Maintain current and accurate information on account status and sales activity in SalesForce.com and sansan.com
- Manage the sales process from initial contact through close
- Develop a thorough understanding of the SumTotal consultative and solution selling process.
- Apply solution and Challenger-based sales skills to manage account cycles
Desired Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years successful sales experience; direct experience in the learning or human capital, human capital technology space is preferred
- Sales experience must demonstrate ability to exceed sales targets. A keen understanding of the steps involved in a sales cycle and ability to leverage each stage to advance the sale is required
- Possess ability to prospect and manage a designated territory to maximize revenue growth
- Be able to call high in an organization and interact with senior level corporate management
- Must be comfortable demonstrating software and speaking to technical and non-technical executives alike
- Operate with a sense of urgency, be aggressive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude
- Superior time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Negotiate effectively based on value and time to close
- Possess the ability to understand complex client requirements and to clearly articulate the company’s offerings to develop solutions to meet those requirements
- Possess understanding of current web and cloud technologies
- The ability to develop and sustain critical relationships across client and prospect base is essential
- Must have proven ability to expertly use common desktop office and business technologies
- Exceptional overall communication skills in English
- Must be native in Japanese
- Willingness to travel (50% plus)
Customer Focused - personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner
Innovative Thinking - Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to be likewise
Building Organizational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met
Education and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree preferred